Modern Renaissance | A Product Review





HI FRIENDS! I have passed all my preliminary exams (whee! so grateful for my friends that pushed me to study every night), had quite an eventful summer doing research, as well as catching up with friends, and doing some traveling (SF to NYC hollaaa) since the last time I updated here.

Today I will be talking about Anastasia's summer palette that was released in early June...

MODERN RENAISSANCE

 This palette is still pretty hard to attain since it's sold out at most Ultas and Sephora near me, both at home, school, and online surprisingly. I was lucky enough to score this at one of the newly opened Ulta's by school... I'm guessing people just gave up looking?



I actually got this as a birthday gift from a really good friend of mine (THANK YOU♥) so I appreciate this very very much. This is not a palette I would normally approach because of the diverse range of colors- I am a creature of comfort as I usually tend to gravitate towards the brown-neutral tones.


This palette explores the range between red and brown, ending up with variations of earthy, vibrant, and bruised reds, as well as orange, and a brown (CYPRUS UMBER) to create depth. The other tones such as TEMPERA, GOLDEN ORCHE, BUON FRESCO, and WARM TAUPE are used for base or blending. Leaving VERMEER and PRIMAVERA for highlighting or patting onto the center of the lids to create dimension.



I've done a swatch (or two) below. Forgive me in advance for such a bad swatch job, I'm usually not a makeup artist (ha-ha), nor am I really good at makeup in general. But I suppose these lighter and less saturated swatches give you a more realistic feel- compared to the swatches that are about a gazillion layers and super saturated and only realistic if you're putting the shadows on stage-makeup style (no offense, just...in my opinion I suppose)



I think my top 3 favorite shades are BUON FRESCO, VENETIAN RED, and ANTIQUE BRONZE.



I really really like this palette. I feel that Claudia and Anastasia did a really good job with picking the shades and the texture of the shadows. I definitely won't say that the shadows are wet and sticky, but they are so soft and dense that they do remind me almost of... a powdery clay texture. It's on the moist side and not as powdery dry as most common shadows. The shadows are quite pigmented on their own, the swatches I did were about 3 layers/strokes and without primer (wow!). In particular, I think the shades VENETIAN RED, LOVE LETTER, and REALGAR are really unique and I have not seen many dupes like these, but perhaps I'm just not very familiar with the shades of shadows out there.

Anyways, if you have the budge and interest in this palette, I recommend you snatch one when you can! These velvety shadows are not to disappoint :)

As always,
xox Ingrid

follow us on Bloglovin' or like us on Facebook or Instagram
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment