Apple Crumble | A Dessert for the Holidays

listening to: Oh No! | Mindy Gledhill
So, I really enjoy apple crumble as a dessert item, especially in the months of November and December. It is really easy to put together and not that time consuming, PLUS, it smells like 'winter holidays'  when you bake it. So I thought I would share with you the recipe I use to put it together.



I adapted this recipe from allrecipes and adjusted it to my liking.
Assuming that this is not a dessert meal, that this is not the only dessert, plus everyone will have a (approx) 2x2" serving, I estimated that this could easily serve a little more or less than 8 people.



You will need:
•2 mixing bowls, measuring cup and utensils, knife, peeler, and a rectangular baking pan
•7 granny smith apples, skinned, cored, sliced
•2 tbs + 1½ tsp white sugar
•½ tsp ground cinnamon
•1¼ cups brown sugar
•¾ cup+ 3 tbs old fashion oats
•¾ cup + 3 tbs all purpose flour
•1¼ tsp ground cinnamon
•½ cup + 2 tbs cold butter


1) preheat oven to 350° F (175°C).
2) Toss cut & skinned apples AND the first three things in the ingredients (italicized) into the first mixing bowl
3) Next add all the other ingredients into the second mixing bowl and mash the mixture until the butter is evenly spread and mixed.
4) Pour the apples into the baking pan.
5) Pour the second mixing bowl mixture onto and over the apples. Make sure that the mixture is spread evenly over the apples. Pat to even the topping if needed.
6) Pop the baking pan into the oven (middle rack if possible) and then bake for about 40 minutes, or until golden brown.


Whenever I make this, the entire kitchen smells of a beautiful cinnamon-brown sugar-oat scent and instantly I feel cosy and in the 'holiday mood'. I know this post is a little late for you to try out and bring to Thanksgiving potlucks, but I hope you try this out another time for yourself, or the next holiday gathering. Bon appétit!

don't forget to...
follow us on Bloglovin' or like us on Facebook or Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment